- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 300 grams of coconut cream (about 2/3rd of a tin)
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Cacao powder
- 2 (generous) tablespoons of raw honey or Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract (never use essence)
- Fresh Strawberries to serve
- Pop all ingredients into a powerful food processor and whip them together on high speed (speed 7 in Thermomix) for about 30 seconds.
- If you can see bits of Avocado then scrape down side and blitz for another 10 seconds.
- Finely chop 50 grams of nut of choice (I like hazelnut) in food processor before begin blending other ingredients
- Remove and put nuts aside
- After initial 30-second blend, add nuts and blitz for 10 seconds.
Costco stocks Organic Cacao Powder, maple syrup and honey at very reasonable prices. They also do various different organic nuts which could be used in this recipe.
The Green Scoop in Edithvale – sell Wholefoods at reasonable prices and a great place to source all flours seeds, oats and nuts.
Nutritional Content per portion (when making 4 serves)
Made with original ingredients
- PROTEIN: 6.3 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 15.5 grams
- FATS: 36.5 grams
NOT ALL FATS ARE THE SAME! This recipe is high in “good” fats which will nourish your body and keep you full for longer.
High in magnesium, antioxidants, healthy fats, fibre, zinc, calcium, potassium, Vit C, Vit K and Vit B6.
About the Author
|Kerry Vernon is a Holistic Nutritionist and Kinesiologist based in Melbourne. She offers Kinesiology sessions and Nutrition Consultations both in-person and online. |
Kerry loves helping her clients to heal from emotional and physical challenges and uses a holistic, individually tailored approach. It's recognised that the mind and the body are equally important in achieving great health and happiness.
Kerry is passionate about encouraging clients to realise their true potential, and empower them to heal naturally from autoimmunity and gut health issues.
Kerry facilitates Holistically Hashimotos - a Facebook group for those on the autoimmune pathway who wish to resolve it in a positive, and natural way.